1.27.2014

Final Ideas - bags

For my porject i had to create a bag which exploited a perticular message. For my message i chose the theme of Generation Z and the birth into technological age. Here are my final 3 ideas  and the meanings behind them-














Bag 1 - Technological fetus-
This image was constructed by taking an image of a baby inside the womb and then altering it and layering other images ontop of it to make the baby look as though it had electronic hard drives running through it. This is to symbolise that the baby has technology in it's blood and that although it is not even born yet it is still subjected to technology.



Bag 2 -  Mobile Fetus - I wanted to take the idea of the baby being born into a technological age and create a humourous edge to it, i done this by making the baby a mobile phone. I think this is an ironic statement as people treat phones as though they are children and they rely on them for happiness just as a parent would to their children. 



Bag 3 - This last bag shows a baby scan being used as a screensaver on a computer. I wanted to create this design as i wanted to point out the publicity the baby goes through months before it is even born. The baby is not even born yet but still it's image is already projected everywhere, including the computer. I took inspiration from people posting baby scans on facebook. This breaks down the boundary between publicity and privacy which is a common aspect in my project.







No comments:

Post a Comment